Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support officers, children’s centres, health visitors, social services and some local charities

1. Do you rent your home from a Housing Association?

If the answer to this is YES then contact your neighbourhood housing manager.

2. Do you have children?

If YES then contact the Pre-School, School or College they attend or a Children’s Centre (Eaton Socon CC at Bushmead School or Eynesbury CC at Winhills School)

3. Do you have a social or support worker from social services or a voluntary agency?

If the answer to this is YES then contact the person you usually deal with.

4. If the answer to the above questions are NO then contact one of the following agencies:-

Rural Cambs Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Tel: 0344 245 1292


District Early Help Team, The Bargroves, Cromwell Road, St Neots, PE19 2EY

Tel:  01480 376199 or 01480 376666

They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.

The Agency who gives you the voucher will contact the Foodbank to arrange a home delivery of your food parcel.

Bring  your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre.

(Please Note:  due to Covid 19 our Foodbank Centres are currently closed and we are operating a home delivery service.)

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can. Most of our foodbank centres offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help