St Neots Foodbank 5th Anniversary and Appeal
October 13th 2018 is the 5th Anniversary of the setting up of St Neots Foodbank. It came about through an initiative by the 10 St Neots churches meeting in April 2013 and by October that year it was up and running helping clients with a warehouse and the first distribution centres. Since then it has helped nearly four and a half thousand local people in crisis. It has grown year on year and we now have 90 trained Volunteers (with no paid staff) giving 300 hours of their time every month. We expect to give out 1500 three-day parcels through the four distribution centres this year.
5th Anniversary Event
To mark our 5th Anniversary, an event was held at the United Reformed Church on October 13th attended by 50 people mainly Foodbank Volunteers. They enjoyed a “thank you” buffet lunch with a special birthday cake. There were addresses by Trustees and Volunteers and the event was completed by a short church service.
5th Anniversary Article – Hunts Post
Hunts Post were made aware of our 5th Anniversary and we received a visit from their senior reporter. She spent time in the warehouse talking to some of our Volunteers and as a result a very comprehensive article appeared in the next version of Hunts Post.
A link to the online version can be found here https://www.huntspost.co.uk/news/st-neots-foodbank-1-5731050
5th Anniversary Booklet
A special 5th Anniversary booklet has been produced telling the story of our work as it has developed and giving details on how we currently operate. It tells the story of how our dedicated Volunteers are able to help those clients in crisis, not just by giving food but by listening and sign-posting people to other agencies who can help them. It also shows our finances and plans, governance and an overview of foodbanks nationally.
A pdf copy of the booklet can be downloaded here. Anniversary booklet for emailing
Or email us for a paper copy of the booklet. firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Anniversary Appeal
PLEASE, we need your help because :
- Our costs are going up (including warehouse rent)
- More people are needing help (up 26% in the past year)
- We are expecting more demand because of Universal Credit
- We want to extend our fresh fruit and vegetable voucher scheme
- We want to give out more Christmas/Summer hampers to families missing out on free schools meals during holidays
PLEASE, help us by :
- Taking out a monthly standing order for £5, £10, £20 or more
- Sending us a one-off donation
- Donating food via our supermarket collection bins in St Neots Tesco, Co-op, Waitrose
- Becoming a Supporter and receiving our newsletters
- Becoming one of our Volunteers
- Holding a fundraising event for us
A pdf copy of the leaflet and standing order form can be downloaded here. Anniversary Appeal reduced size for emailing
Or email us for a paper copy of the leaflet and form. email@example.com
THANK YOU for your continuing support to help local people in crisis.